president & chief executive officer
Byce & Associates Inc.
Jim Escamilla, PE serves as president/CEO of Byce & Associates Inc., a design engineering/architecture firm in Kalamazoo, MI. In September 1997, Jim purchased and assumed administrative responsibility for the firm, consisting of a staff of 41 professionals and support staff. He is a professional mechanical engineer with expertise in overall system evaluation and conceptual design, including work with clients specializing in educational, healthcare, industrial, correctional, commercial and institutional facilities. Jim began his career as a mechanical designer in 1981 upon graduating with a BSME from Michigan Technological University in Houghton, MI. He progressively grew in responsibility and became the Mechanical Engineering Manager at Tower Pinkster Titus in 1988; accepted a position with WBDC in Grand Rapids, MI, in 1990 as the Mechanical Division Manager of four mechanical engineering departments; then returned to Tower Pinkster Titus as Vice President of Engineering in 1992. Jim joined RC Byce & Associates, Inc, in 1996 with the intention of purchasing the firm, which he completed in September, 1997.
Jim holds a bachelors of science in mechanical engineering from Michigan Technological University.
His community involvement includes:
- Heritage Community of Kalamazoo Board Member
- Heritage Community Foundation Board Member
- Kalamazoo Community Foundation Board Member
- Kalamazoo Community Foundation Impact Investment – Committee Chair
- Southwest Michigan First
- The Park Club – Board Member 2012 ‐ 2018
- Western Michigan University Lee Honors College Board of Advisors ‐ Past
- Kalamazoo Downtown Development Authority – Chair 2010‐2014
- Kalamazoo Economic Development Corporation Past Chair 2012‐2014, Current Board Member
- Kalamazoo Brownfield Redevelopment Initiative Member Kalamazoo
- Downtown Partnership Board Member
- Edison Mainstreet Association – Chair 2005‐Present
- Edison Business Association – Past President/Board Member
- Leadership Kalamazoo Graduate – Class of 2000
- Rotary International – 1992‐Present
- Kalamazoo Chamber of Commerce
- New Latino Vision Board President 2009‐2010
- MRC Industries – Board of Directors 2001‐2003