The Southwest Michigan First Chamber supports the mission of Southwest Michigan First, not only in its support of economic prosperity for all, but also through strengthening our existing small business community. A strong small business presence is a proven key attractor for new businesses and a reason why families, existing companies and their employees want to stay here.
Whether you employ three or thousands, the Southwest Michigan First Chamber is here to support and connect your business to the resources in our community. We serve members of every size. We invite you to join us in this mission today!
Why Join the Chamber?
When you join the Southwest Michigan First Chamber, you are helping us foster a pro-business environment, build strong businesses and communities and enhance the quality of life in southwest Michigan. Plus, did you know that when consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future? (Source)
The Chamber is perfect for businesses and leaders who want one or more of the following:
- Increased Visibility – By adding the “Proud Member of the Southwest Michigan First Chamber” decal to your website or to your front door, you will instantly have more visibility to other business owners, residents and community organizations. Plus, you’ll be listed in a searchable directory along with hundreds of other businesses. When more people know about your work, more partnership opportunities are possible.
- Increased Access – Your involvement with our programs and community mean you may never have to reach out to another business cold again! Whether it’s a potential vendor or business partner, we can help warm up those connections.
- Advocacy – Did you know we have teammates here that specifically focus on public policy related to businesses just like yours? We work with elected officials, from the State to your neighborhood, to make sure your voice gets heard and considered.
- Networking – If connecting to community and being in the know about what’s going on is important to you, attending our Chamber Connects and our Coffee and Cocktail events is a fantastic way to meet new folks, generate ideas or to hear what’s working and what’s not so you can adjust.
- Low-cost Advertising – From creative and traditional sponsorship opportunities to our weekly newsletter that goes to nearly 14,000 inboxes of our active partners, we have a number of ways to help you get the word out and get folks involved in what you’re doing.
- Business service provider discounts – Your membership can pay for itself when you take advantage of discounts on event space rental, printing, office supplies and most types of insurance, including healthcare, worker’s compensation and auto.
- Training and education – Training and education can be expensive and time-consuming. The Southwest Michigan First Chamber partners to provide monthly programs that are business-focused to help you do business better, often at little to no cost for members. Plus, with our team of experts and consultants, we provide complimentary one-on-one consultations at times that fit your schedule.