Small business lives large in Southwest Michigan. The team at Southwest Michigan First works hard to create an environment so that businesses of all sizes may succeed. And nowhere is this more important than for small business owners and entrepreneurs who account for more than 47% of jobs in Michigan, which exceeds the national average.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs drive innovation, create jobs, and foster economic growth. They are generally more in tune with their customers and able to adapt to change more quickly. Whether you are one person with a great business idea, an entrepreneur looking to build on your current success, or a small- to medium-sized company, we work for you so you can work on your business.
Southwest Michigan First can help you:
- Turn your business idea into a reality. Our First Path program is a 10-week class that combines real-world coaching and a community of support to help you refine your business idea or take your existing business to the next level.
- Run your business more profitably. Our Business First Series brings the knowledge experts right to you. These virtual sessions are packed with practical insights and strategies and how to manage the challenges you are facing, like finding access to capital, to leveraging training grants, to building a sustainable business.
- Put your best foot forward. Our team works with APEX Accelerators to help you level up and make the best impression when meeting with potential buyers and partners in the government and private business sectors.
- Connect with diverse suppliers. The Southwest Michigan First Chamber partners with Room 35 and others to help BIPOC and women-owned businesses build capacity, expand their network, and scale their business, which helps create a diverse and inclusive community for all.
The Southwest Michigan First Chamber can help you:
- Raise awareness in the business community by hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony to promote your business.
- Build your professional network by creating an environment where connections are easily made that benefit everyone.
- Make your voice heard at community townhalls held throughout our seven-county region by engaging with local officials about the issues that matter the most to you and your business.
- Get insights on the latest trends by attending our quarterly Business Breakfast Roundtables that deliver relevant and timely information on the issues that affect us all.
- Maximize your investment by attending one of our new member orientation sessions that help new or existing members make the most of their Chamber membership.