Southwest Michigan First was created for one singular purpose: To assist companies in growing jobs. We believe a job makes a positive impact for generations to come. Our community’s future depends on our local companies’ ability to grow, be competitive and change with the times.
Our experience in working with companies of all sizes—from Fortune 500 companies to eight-person tool-and-die shops and bioscience R&D labs to local makers—has proven invaluable time and time again. Our commitment is to growing companies, just like yours, because we believe you are the future. Since our inception in 1999 to 2020, Southwest Michigan First has worked on 739 regional projects that have resulted in the announcement of 19,941 direct jobs, 29,912 indirect jobs, and $2.4 billion in private investment.
Wondering how we can support your growth? We can help with:
- Learning about the advantages of a Southwest Michigan location
- Growing or expanding your company here
- Finding a new site or building
- Navigating grants, incentives and tax relief
- Gaining access to diverse and inclusive talent resources and workforce development programs
- Strategizing approaches to growth-focused community development
- Accelerating your small business or moving forward as an entrepreneur
- Becoming a member of the Chamber community