The Southwest Michigan First Chamber strives to promote the quality and breadth of businesses in our region. Working closely with our members, we aim to grow and link our region’s business community and activate high-impact leaders and their teams. The ultimate goal is to improve the business environment and the quality of life for everyone throughout Kalamazoo County.
So, what exactly is the Chamber?
The Southwest Michigan First Chamber is the most comprehensive business resource and number one business cheerleader for Kalamazoo County. Your membership with the Chamber supports our efforts to strengthen the vitality and impact of the business community. When businesses thrive and our economy is strong, our entire community has the best opportunity to succeed.
We do this by:
- Working with business and industry professionals to develop an understanding of challenges, concerns and opportunities businesses in our region face.
- Creating a climate of community that focuses on the strength of all to increase our region’s competitiveness, making us a more attractive place to live, work and play.
- Fostering community engagement for our business members through educational, networking and service opportunities.
- Actively engaging in legislative issues and initiatives along with local, regional and state elected officials to ensure a pro-business environment.
- Developing and supporting programs that strengthen the skills and increase the impact of business leaders and their teams.
- Bringing together powerful local and regional partnerships that leverage the talents and resources of the member businesses we serve — of every size and industry sector — for the benefit of all.
We invite you to start engaging with all the Southwest Michigan First Chamber has to offer by selecting one of the options below.