Vice President | Chamber Director
What I Do at Southwest Michigan First
A passion for connecting with others and nurturing the small business community fits perfectly with my role serving as director of the Southwest Michigan First Chamber. I work to promote prosperity for our entire community and its residents by strengthening our area businesses. I draw on a long history of business management and people leadership to bring together educational sessions, networking opportunities and regional resource connections to serve our Chamber member companies. The goal is to facilitate and accelerate their growth no matter their size or stage of life cycle.
Why I Love Working Here
From my first day, everyone felt like family.
My Favorite Thing(s) About Living in Southwest Michigan
One of my favorite things about living here is being so close to Lake Michigan. We get to enjoy our own “unsalted and shark-free,” sunset-facing, can’t-see-the-other-side coastline complete with one of the best costs of living in the country!
Top Moment Working Here
My favorite moment occurred during my first week. During a Chamber Connect event held at the Kalamazoo Growlers, it was so nice to receive such a warm welcome from the Chamber members in attendance.
When I’m Not at Work, You’ll Find Me…
When I’m not at work, I’m either hanging out downtown or cutting the grass in my comfy clothes.
My Alma Maters
- Western Michigan University, B.A. Broadcast Communications/Business
- Western Governors University, M.S. Management and Leadership
- Discover Kalamazoo, Board Chair
- Kalamazoo Downtown Partnership, Executive Board
- Can-Do Kitchen, Executive Board, Treasurer
A Few Things About Me
- My Superhero Power Would Be: Finding the Perfect Metaphor
- Best Band Ever: The Eagles
- Movie I Can Watch Over and Over: The Untouchables
- Favorite Holiday: New Year’s Eve
- My Best Halloween Costume Ever: Crash Test Dummy