Director | Public Policy and Strategic Initiatives
What I Do at Southwest Michigan First
Here at Southwest Michigan First, I guide our Public Policy and Strategic Initiatives work. In my role, I work with elected officials and our numerous community partners to ensure our region has the resources and opportunities it needs so everyone can thrive. I love advocating for our region!
Why I Love Working Here
I love working at Southwest Michigan First because I get to bring together diverse groups of stakeholders to help solve some of the challenging issues facing our region.
My Favorite Thing About Living in Southwest Michigan
I love Kalamazoo because we have a ton of great places to eat like Nonla Burger, Pizza King and Shawarma King, we’re close to nature, and you’re only just a few minutes away from anything you need.
When I’m Not at Work, You’ll Find Me…
Spending time with my boyfriend and our dogs, reading, shopping at Friends Bookstore, and working on house projects.
My Alma Mater
Western Michigan University, Bachelor of Social Work and Gender Studies
A Few Things About Me
- My Superhero Power Would Be: Organizing people and things
- Favorite Condiment: Blue cheese dressing
- Best Band Ever: Nine Inch Nails
- Favorite TV Binge Watch: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Favorite Holiday: Friendsgiving
- My Best Halloween Costume Ever: Garth from Wayne’s World